Currently located in...
Enjoys working with...
Java, Stripes MVC Framework, Hibernate, Groovy, Grails, jQuery, CSS, XHTML, MySQL, Mongo
Tools and programs
Hudson, Gradle, MyEclipse, Ubuntu, Apache Tomcat, Apache httpd
Things I've done...
University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics, Office of eHealth Innovation and Policy
- [In progress] Worked with another developer to create a complex form building application, complete with custom form fields, dependencies, workflow, and security. Used Groovy, Stripes, Morphia, Mongo.
- Part of a team to write a performance appraisal application for the UW Medical Foundation. 3k users, administrative reports.
- Pioneered a test and build process, using junit, mockito, selenium, gradle and hudson. Used for all new medium to large Java projects.
- Rewrote Billpay application into Java. ~5k patients pay their bills using the tool monthly.
- Wrote many pieces of a home-grown content management system for the public sites
uwhealth.org and med.wisc.edu. Includes dynamic form builder, home page widget editor.
- Wrote a registration and admin tool for the Doug Miller Symposium of Organ Donation.
State Farm Insurance, Systems
As a full time employee...
- Part of a team to rewrite the Online Timecard system from VB 6 to J2EE. Wrote most of the
backend DAO layer. Mentored other developers. Received a Systems Achievement Award
for my efforts.
- Helped rewrite an account lookup tool from VB 6 to J2EE.
- Researched the ability for their Aion (C based) knowlege-based systems to talk
to Java through Java Native Interface. Presented findings to State Farm Aion Developers Group.
A site to buy and sell bikes, parts, and accessories. Born out of frustration with
trying to find a used road bike on craigslist.
Hosted on a prgmr.com Xen VPS, written in java with stripes and hibernate. Pulls ads from
craigslist and ebay.
Places I've studied...
University of Northern Iowa, Computer Science, Bachelor of Science, 3.5/4.0
Created a CGI search application for wikipedia, using Inverse Document Frequency
and a Doc-Term matrix.
a Silos and Smokestacks trip.